Tuesday, December 13, 2005


Afterthought:

Oh, Salt Lake City has a new marathon that started up in 2005. Its a different course than
the Deseret News Marathon. The new race starts up near the University of Utah, goes out Foothill Boulevard to around 78th South, goes west to about 3rd West street, and goes north to the Delta Center. Its quite a flat course. Its also one of the few marathon races that is NOT run on a Sunday! In 2006 it is going to be held on June 3rd, a Saturday.
www.saltlakecitymarathon.com

I'm thinking how much I would like to train to get myself ready to run this marathon, barefoot. I've never run a marathon before. When I was in law school I ran away a lot of the stress by going on almost daily runs of 8 to 15 miles, sometimes I ran 20 miles. That was a long time ago and a lot of pounds lighter! I've always wanted to run a marathon, and my new excitement about barefoot running has me eyeing the Salt Lake City Marathon to be my first. I'll keep on running through the winter here and see how things are shaping up in the Spring.

Ryan

No comments: