Turkey Leftovers Soup
* 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked turkey
* 4 cups vegetable broth
* 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
* 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
* 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
* 1 onion, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* 1 tablespoon lime juice
* 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
* salt and pepper to taste
* 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
* 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
* 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1. In a large pot over medium heat, combine turkey, broth, canned tomatoes, green chiles, fresh tomatoes, onion, garlic, and lime juice. Season with cayenne, cumin, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Stir in avocado and cilantro, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly thickened. Spoon into serving bowls, and top with shredded cheese.
Its great with crumbled tortilla chips added!