Monday, June 06, 2011

Fame    -   (meh!)

Some seek it at almost any cost. 
Some avoid it. 
Some (like me) just stumble and fall into it. 


Some time ago I got an email from a newspaper reporter (Mary Ann Albright, Features Writer, The Columbian) asking if she could interview me for an article she was writing on barefoot running. She was happy to find a local barefoot runner and wanted to get my insights about it. We had a nice chat and she asked if I would pose for a photo shoot. The next day I met the photographer at a small local park and he took a gazillion shot of me running towards him, away from him, standing still, showing the bottoms of my feet, running fast, running slow, etc. etc. etc. 


Almost a month later a huge article appeared in our Sunday newspaper - and suddenly everyone I know is congratulating me for being famous. 


I was worried she might write about how insane I was for risking damaging my body or other negative things. I am very happy about the article she wrote. I congratulated her on a job well done. 


Here is the article -- available online to read, at least for now - not sure for how much longer!


http://www.columbian.com/news/2011/jun/05/running-shoeless/


Ryan

No comments: